About us

Since 1903, the Swiss-German Reformed Parish of Geneva has been a member of the Reformed Church of Geneva (Eglise Protestante de Genève, EPG). It became a home port for many Swiss-Germans who came to Geneva for various reasons. In the beautiful Temple de la Madeleine, in the center of the city of Calvin, the parishioners met on Sunday for worship and exchange in their mother tongue. They baptized their children and grandchildren there. Even the latter have joined other church communities in the process of integration, the first-generation church members have remained loyal to their church community.

Our goal is to raise new expectations in the German-speaking reformed population of Geneva. The history and the activities of the church community motivate us to offer a lively offer in German language and in the tradition of Zwingli, and the project «House of the generations in the Madeleine – a church for all, for every day» (la Madeleine intergénérationnelle – Un temple Pour tous, tous les jours), together with the EPG.